Humate in Action – Benefits
- Improves water holding capacity of soil.
- In large amounts, humate helps soil and plants resist droughts more effectively and produce better yields where rainfall or irrigation may be insufficient.
- Improves the workability of soil.
- Reduces soil erosion by increasing the cohesive forces of fine soil particles.
- Possesses high ion-exchange capacities, making possible better retention and utilization of fertilizers and preventing leaching away from root zones.
- Liberates carbon dioxide from calcium carbonates in the soil, making it available to plants’ roots.
- Increases plant nutrition by supplying soluble forms of trace and minor elements.
- Reacts with salt solutions to protect plant roots. In alkaline soils, humate reduces the amount and activity of high soil pH. In acid soils, humate absorbs and combines with and retains certain toxic soluble aluminum compounds.
- Promotes soil drainage.
- Prevents cooking of plants in residual water.
- Improves sugar content of fruits and vegetables.
- Increases seed-germination rates.
- Produces stronger, faster-growing seedlings.
- Prevents crusting of soils.
- Increases plant recovery after mowing or damage.
- Increases growth of plants and yield.
- Decreases irrigation costs.
- Prevents leaching of chemical fertilizers.
- Speeds decomposition of poisons.
- Helps balance soil pH.
- Increases root-system development.
U-MATE INTERNATIONAL INC.
9100 N. Morning Glory Road Paradise Valley,